MACON – Mercer University celebrated faculty achievement at its 2014 Faculty Awards Ceremony held April 17, as seven of the University's 12 schools and colleges presented awards at the event.
Additionally, Dr. Kathryn Kloepper, assistant professor of chemistry in the College of Liberal Arts, was awarded the 2013-2014 Innovations in Teaching Award, co-sponsored by the Vulcan Materials Company and Mercer.
The various awards from the respective schools and colleges were presented as follows:
- Dr. Andy Digh, associate professor of computer science in the College of Liberal Arts, received the Spencer B. King Jr. Distinguished Professor Award.
- Dr. Geoffrey M. Ngene, assistant professor of finance in the Stetson School of Business and Economics, received the 2013-2014 Distinguished Faculty Award.
- Dr. T. Anthony Choi, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering in the School of Engineering, received the Clayton R. Paul Teaching Excellence Award.
- Dr. Elaine M. Artman, associate professor of education in the Tift College of Education, received the Cathryn Futral Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Dr. Laura P. Kimble, professor and Piedmont Healthcare Endowed Chair in Nursing in the Georgia Baptist College of Nursing, received the 2013-2014 Distinguished Faculty Member of the Year Award.
- Dr. Lynn Clemons, associate professor of organizational leadership and chair of the Department of Leadership Studies in the College of Continuing and Professional Studies, received the 2013-2014 Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- Dr. Kathryn White, visiting professor of music history in the Townsend School of Music, received the 2013-2014 Outstanding Faculty Award.